If you own a Toro mower, you might be wondering how to identify its year of manufacture. Knowing the age of your mower can help you with maintenance, repairs, and resale value.
In this blog post, we will show you how to find out what year is your Toro mower by using its serial number.
What Year Is My Toro Mower – Methods
Here are the possible different methods to identify Toro lawn mower manufactured year and stuff.
Find the Sticker or Plate Attached
The serial number is a unique code that consists of the brand, model, and date of manufacture of your Toro mower.
You can find it on a sticker or plate attached to different parts of your mower, depending on the type and model.
Here are some common locations where you can look for the serial number:
- For walk-behind mowers, the serial number is usually on the deck, either on the front, back, or side.
- For lawn tractors, the serial number is often underneath the seat, on the footrest, on the dashboard, next to the steering column, or on top of the mower deck.
- For zero-turn and rear engine models, the serial number can be under the seat, on the side panels, on the frame by the engine, on the right side of the control lever, or under the fuel tank.
The Simple Formula
Toro uses a simple method to determine the year of manufacture. They use the first two digits of the serial number to indicate the year.
For example, if the serial number on your Toro lawn mower is 200651411, it was manufactured in the year 2000. If the serial number is 21000045, it was manufactured in the year 2001.
Similarly, 220087998 would be 2002 up to 260000101 being 2006.
If your Toro lawn mower has a serial number that starts with “00”, it was manufactured in 1990.
This system has been used for a long time, so even if you have an old Toro lawn mower, you can still determine the year of manufacture.
Understanding The Formula Variations
The formula varies depending on whether the serial number starts with a 2 or a 3.
- If the serial number starts with a 3: then the second and third digits represent the year of manufacture. For example, if the serial number is 311000001-311999999, then the year of manufacture is 2011.
- If the serial number starts with a 2: then the second digit represents the year of manufacture. For example, if the serial number is 230000001-230999999, then the year of manufacture is 2003.
Why You Might Need to Know Your Toro Lawn Mower Year?
Knowing the year of your toro lawn mower can be useful for several reasons.
For example, you might need to know the year of your mower if you want to:
- Order replacement parts or accessories that are compatible with your model.
- Sell or trade your mower and provide accurate information to potential buyers.
- Register your mower for warranty or service purposes.
- Find out if your mower is affected by any recalls or safety issues.
Knowing what year is your Toro mower can help you keep it in good condition and extend its lifespan. You can also use this information to compare different models and prices when buying or selling a Toro mower. We hope this blog post has been helpful and informative for you. Thank you for reading